Helpful Contacts

Information and referrals to a suitable agency can be obtained by contacting the Centre.  Health, Legal, Housing, Aged Care and Disability Services are a few of the possible referrals.

Domestic assistance, personal care and social support:

  • QEII District Home Care Service (07) 3275 5411
  • Amelia house Respite Services (07) 3847 2049

Home Maintenance: Kangaroo Point to Carina Home Assist Secure (07)3420 8100

Meals Services:

  • Bulimba Meals on Wheels (07) 3399 8900
  • Carina Meals on Wheels (07) 3398 7438
  • Kurilpa Kitchen (07) 3255 1420

Respite Care:

  • Amelia House Respite Centre (07) 3847 2049
  • Belmont Respite Centre (07) 3847 2049
  • West End Respite Centre (07) 3844 5450

Alternative Housing Options:

  • Pindari Women’s Service (07) 3832 1491
  • South Brisbane St. Vinnie’s Hostel (07) 3846 1466
  • Mangrove Housing (Morningside) (07) 3893 3299
  • MATCH Housing (East Brisbane) (07) 3891 6100

Queensland Aged & Disability Advocacy

Support for people in Residential Care and those receiving a Home and Community Care (HACC) service.

Telephone: (07) 3627 6000 or 1800 818 338

Address: 121 Copperfield St GEEBUNG, Qld 4034

This service is free and is set up especially to stand beside you or advocate for you if you need support exercising your rights.  This service will act on complaints about any of the Home and Community Care services such as Respite service, Meals on Wheels etc. including our Centre.

You can use this service as a first step in dealing with your problem, or if you have approached us and you are not happy with our response, you can then seek the help of the advocacy service.

The Health Rights Commission

You can also lodge complaints with the Health Rights Commission.  It will act as an impartial link between you and any service you are having problems with, whilst maintaining your confidentiality.

For example:

  • You may have problems with a service you consider inadequate or unreasonable.
  • You may have been denied or restricted access to your health records.
  • Your records may have been disclosed inappropriately.
  • The service may not have responded to your complaint, or may have responded unreasonably.

Telephone: (07) 3234 0272

Address: Level 19 288 Edward Street Brisbane

Adult Guardian

The Adult Guardian helps people with impaired decision-making by:

  • Acting as their decision maker in certain circumstances
  • Giving advice and information about decision making on behalf of adults with impaired capacity
  • Investigating allegations of neglect or abuse, whether physical or financial
  • Advocating on their behalf with service providers, government and other agencies.

You can access contact information for the Adult Guardian by ringing their office on (07) 3234 0870

May - July 2018Newsletter Index more>
February 2017Newsletter Index more>
November 2016Newsletter Index more>
August 2016Newsletter Index more>